Location Recce: Released

Location Recce: Released


Gabriel’s house:

I decided to film in Gabriel’s house for the scenes in my film which show Sofia’s home and also the final scenes of the movie, this is because the kitchen/living room is open plan which makes it easy to film and change angles whilst filming. Furthermore, it is in a convenient area for all of my cast to meet which makes my work more time-efficient and allows me to film more scenes when production starts.



Ashmole Estate:

This will be the derelict area in which Derek goes to after meeting Sofia, it is also where the scenes will be filmed in which we discover Derek actually has an ulterior motive to meeting Sofia and becoming her friend. I think that it is a suitable location as the run down garages either side give the area a desolate and barren ambience which adds to the general mysterious atmosphere that I am attempting to create around my character, Derek. Furthermore, in this area there are building works in the background which creates a more realistic setting, especially as the film is based in south London. As you can see in the picture, the location also has lots of natural light which will make it easier to film and more natural.


London Bridge:

I have selected this as a possible location to film or to use as a background to edit into my film. This is suitable as it is a gloomy/mysterious area and the lights in the background from the buildings stand out, making it seem very modern - it shows that there is another side to South London, other than the one that we see Derek resides in. Yet the pathetic fallacy of the dark/dingy weather correlates to the theme of the film.


Streatham common:

I have decided to use Streatham common as my main location for filming, this is due to the fact that there is lots of natural lighting which will make it easier to film, as well as the fact that there is a lot of space which means I am more likely to find a quieter space to film the scenes for my film.
The park is also ideal as the natural lighting will change throughout different points of the day which means that I will be able to set different moods for specific scenes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Open/closed ending narratives

Todorov's narrative structure: The Lord of the rings

Single vs multi-camera productions essay